Thank you, Charles.

I will have to wait till I get home to get the exact errors. The problem was
that the system would not boot. An entry had been added in the Grub list for
the new kernel, but when selected, booting would stop at some point along
the way. I was not able to boot from the rescue diskette, either. That is
why I re-installed. As I said, I will try upgrading tonight and see what
happens. Maybe I should learn to do it the proper way!

One interesting thing that I noticed on the last re-installation was that
part of the installation of the security programs actually worked. All the
other times, it would fail saying that it could not connect. This time, it
seems that most of the programs installed. The two openssh programs failed
due to some error reported by Mandrake.

Al Wilson
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Some guy hit my fender, and I said to him 'Be fruitful and multiply', but
not in those words."

   ~ Woody Allen