I tried Xconfigurator and was unable to bring up the Xserver. I have a S3
Trio 3D/2X video card and Linux seems to have a problem with it. I guess this
answers the question of should I upgrade. Hopefully 7.1 will support S3
better. Or maybe I should get a new card. The AGP slot is easy to swap out.
Anybody know of  a totally compatible video card that linux has no problems
with?  Or any other suggestions would be helpful. I sending this out of a
'windows' box and it is just killing me. Dennis