On Fri, 21 Jul 2000, you wrote:
> Tried to install the Star Office .... No Joy.
>
> I tried, logging in as "root" and clicking on the rpm file and let it
> "do its thing" ... eventually opening a window that let me click
> "install" ....
>
> Then I logged on w/ one of my user accounts and typed
> "/opt/Office51/bin/setup" into the terminal emulation window (using KDE
> .... that's the only way I've figured out how to "run" commands), and
> TTHAT *seemed* to install something; but, even after reboot, no new
> icons/no new programs (in applications, or anywhere).

There are two types of installation. One is for the network install and the
other is the workstation install. If i remember right, you su to root, do the
the install with a /net or something option. After that you login as a user and
do the local install which copies roughly 2 Mb of data. It should work fine
after that...

Hope that helps...