Marcia Waller wrote:

> Dear Anyone, I would like to get my zip drive to work now. I installed

<snip>

Hi Marcia. Did you creat a mount point in /mnt? It should be

/mnt/zip

Here is the line from /etc/fstab file for my internal zip drive:

/dev/hdd4       /mnt/zip        vfat    user,noauto     0 0

You also need to do certain things from the KDE desktop. Did you
create a new filesystem device? Right-clicking/properties on your
desktop Zip icon should show:

Filename - Zip.kdeInk
Device - /dev/hdd4
Mountpoint - /mnt/zip
Filesystem - default

BTW, when you check your hardware, does the Zip drive show up? Mine
shows up (oddly enough) under floppy drive (using harddrake).

The only thing I've not been able to do, is to use both a vfat and
ext2 filesystem while in my normal user mode. Under root, I can put
a zip cartridge in with either filesystem, and mount it with a right
click that lets me choose the FS. As a normal user though, I get the
"only su can use mount" error message for anything thats not listed
in the /etc/fstab file. If I could get that to work, I'd have it
made! <smile>

Well, I hope I've helped, and not confused you more! ;-)

--
                                                               /\
                                                           Dark><Lord