Marcia Waller wrote:

> Dear All, Thank you very much for all of your wonderful suggestions for the
> zip drive. I will try them. Also, someone asked me to post my /etc/fstab
> file so here it is:/dev/hdc        /mnt/zip       msdos
> user,exec,dev,suid,rw,conv=auto,uid=501,gid=100,umask=0,opt1=va1,opt2=none,o
> pt3,opt4=2 1 1
> Do I go to a terminal window as root to make a new directory? May I make a
> new directory for the zip with Drakconf and how would I do it?
> Thank you for your help. Marcia

Hmm. First of all, I think (anyone jump in here and help me!) that you
should really use vfat instead of msdos, because vfat will support long
filenames, and msdos won't. (in your /etc/fstab entry).

Which version of Mandrake are you using? 7.0 or 7.1? You need to add a
new device, either by right-clicking on the desktop in 7.0, or right-
clicking in a window on v7.1. It should be named something like:

Zip.kdeink

Which will actually reside in your /home/user/desktop directory.

You also need to go to /mnt and creat an empty directory called Zip, so
you wind up with /mnt/zip. I did this manually, from a shell, and as
superuser (su/root).

--
                                                               /\
                                                           Dark><Lord