You need to add this line in /ect/fstab:(as root)

/dev/hdx  /mnt/zip   ext2 user,noexec,nodev,nosuid,rw,noauto,sync 0 0

replacing /dev/hdx with whatever your zip drive is, if you have one hd, it
should be /dev/hdb, the zip drive is in many respects a (small) hd.

You will then need to create the /mnt/zip directory:

mkdir /mnt/zip

Now all you have to do is mount /dev/hdx or /mnt/zip!

> Dear Anyone, I would like to get my zip drive to work now. I installed
> Mandrake 7.0 complete, purchased the OS complete with CDs and guides. I used
> Partition Magic, Bootmagic, and the supplied graphical installer. My zip is
> listed in Lothar. It is an Atapi Zip 100 IDE internal drive. I even put an
> icon on KDE for it but it does not access my zip. I did use the directions
> in the guide for installation but obviously I did not do something right.
> Could someone give me step by step instructions for getting this to work?
> Any help will be appreciated. Thank you, Marcia
 UIN:82189397    IM:xKxDxMx  E-MAIL: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.cashwars.com $$$PROTECT YOUR CASH$$$ Join KDM Power Creed
http://powercreed.ods.org