On Sun, 30 Jul 2000, you wrote:
> Mike & Tracy Holt wrote:
>
> > That's ok, evidently they're going to be turned off at midnight...
> > another victory for those poor people who have to spend their mornings
> > deciding which Porche to drive to work today  =(
>
> Well, their execution <smile> got a stay, it appears. Now they have
> until September...
>
> I still have the same problem though. Label me #dense, but I went to
> their website, and there is no place to just register. I removed the
> gnapster rpm, deleted .gnapster in /home, then reinstalled the rpm,
> and still get the same error. "invalid password". ;-(

       Don't know 'bout Gnapster, but with Knapster
(knapster-0.12-1mdk) there's entries under preferences for user ID
and password.  The first user ID I tried was rejected, so I added a
coupl'a numbers on the end of it and then was able to logon with no
problems.  I've never even been to Nap's website ;)  Knapster is
easy to use and configure, intuitive. Make sure you've got a good
firewall going, and of course, *don't* connect as root.

 --
~~   Tom Brinkman    [EMAIL PROTECTED]