From: "Ronald J. Hall" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] Linux resources online
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2000 12:11:44 -0400

Romanator wrote:

 > I am not 100% sure but it sounds familiar. They have purchased a lot of
 > the smaller companies that provide coding, installation, uninstall,
 > 'dll' stuff. A fair chunk of the coding is not necessarily written
 > inside the Microsoft building. They own many smaller companies that
 > contribute to the general product.
 > Can you imagine if you had a smaller software producing good software,
 > and then you tried to
 > challenge Microsoft. Not only will they buy your company through the
 > courts, and, if you don't
 > agree or conform with their philosophy, they will boot you out of your
 > own company.
 >
 > --
 > Roman
 > Registered Linux User #179293

Exactly. One of the big points in the Justice Depts case against
them is that they have stifled inovation through such tactics. I
mean whats the point of developing a killer piece of software,
knowing that MS will just take it from you, by hook or by crook?

Anybody else on this list old enough to remember when the "suits"
didn't run things, and games/software were ported to every single
platform, just because they could/it was neat? Circa '80's with
names like Tandy, Atari, Amiga, etc, etc,... ;-)

--
                                                                /\
                                                            Dark><Lord