On Sat, 5 Aug 2000, Dacia and AzureRose wrote:

>Speaking as a musician, I've never heard an MP3 that
>didn't sound flat, compressed, uninspiring and
>insipid.

I agree. I don't have many MP3 files, the ones I have are for evaluating
music. When I like it, I get the CD. The sound quality stays behind big
time with original media.

>Anybody read the study (I forget who, an american
>private research group hired by RIAA) that found that
>people with large MP3 collections tend to buy more
>CD's then the average person?

Did not read it, but heard about it in the radio.

>Artists steal all the time.  Art is theft as someone
>said and then there is that great quote form Mark
>Twain "Immature humorists borrow, mature humorists
>steal".

Didn't he also say "Originality is the art of concealing your
source"? *grin*

Paul

--
Cats could have ruled the Universe,