Collin Schroeder wrote:

> hi my name is collin I am having trouble installing my us robotics 56k
> internal voince fax modem. when I use hardrake and detect isa devices it
> says that it detects a modem but under kppp I am unable to dial in. I know
> the modem uses com2 and irq3 under windows but when I checked the irqs in
> mandrake irq3 was not being used. this let me know that the modem indeed
> wasn't installed but hardrake wont install it either.
> I went into setup under modem and made sure that it was set to tts3 (com2)
> and I did the same thing in linux conf but i am still unable to dial out
> under mandrake.

When you say you are unable to dial out, what exactly is the problem?
What error message (if any) do you get?

I have a problem with my PCMCIA modem in that it says the modem is
busy.  However, I can get round this by setting it to irq polling mode.
If that is your problem, then try using setserial as follows:

setserial /dev/ttyS1 irq 0

remember to change the ttyS1 to suit your port...

Regards,
Ozz.