Hey Tom,
>> Hmmmm... now tell me - how can a program make a CPU hotter ?  By
>> accessing more registers or being L1 and L2 cache intensive or what ?
>> Because until today I considered what you said being science-fiction.

>    If you visit the numerous hardware and overclocking sites on the
> Net, the first issue you'll seen again and again is the revelevance
> of hardware load and temps to performance and stability.

Hmm, I have only heard of temps... Have you considered that the
room/environment temperature also affects the CPU ?  And of course,
overclocking also heats the CPU up, but a prog... still seems
unbelievable. Is there any URL (apart from the lm_sensors and cpuburn
ones) that discusses it ?  Or can you personally tell me how it works
?

> As I said below, install some monitoring software (it's supported by
> all but the junkiest of hardware), and see for yourself.

Is it available for windows ?  I don't want to boot into Linux if it
can be done in win. I have my VIA HM (hardware monitor) installed in
win. I have an Athlon 750 with a single fan (gonna buy a dual fan
soon) and so far I have registered temperatures from 45 to 49 degrees
Celsius (hope you don't use Fahrenheit).

> The relationship between system load and temps is very basic and
> prob'ly gettin OT for this list. A detailed explanation certainly
> is.

OK, well, can you email me privately then, please ?

TIA

Roman