Lance,

It sounds like our systems are identical. I'm running the same thing. The
answers to your questions are simple enough.

1) Win95 will run on any size partition. I've had it running already on a
3.5GB, 5GB, and 13.5GB. No problem.

2) partition your linux partitions thusly:

a real basic setup for a large disk sytem that will use LILO as a boot
loader.
/boot = 15MB
/     = however big you want to make it. (at least 3 GB) (the filesystem
        root)
/home = at the very least 500MB - more if you're going to have more than
        one user

You don't have to worry about 'how' the installation process knows how to
put everything where it needs to go. For now you'll you have to take it on
faith. It knows exactly where to put things. It can see and read the
partition tables, understands the table definitions and loads things up
accordingly.

If you don't want to use LILO you can use the other boot loader called
GRUB which doen't require a /boot partition since it's equiped to handle
cylinder sizes above 1024. LILO can't see beyond this which is why a large
disk needs to be partitioned with a /boot partition.

Even with the use of Grub I still prefer to setup a /boot partition
because it allows, in my opinion, the system to boot faster and more
efficiently.

Be ABSOLUTELY sure to create a 'boot' disk while you're installing
Mandrake. In the event that something happens to your boot loader, or
you're working on windows and wipe your MBR, where LILO and GRUB live, you
will need that boot disk to be able to get back into Linux and reinstall
your boot loader program.

If you need any more assistance don't hesitate to holler.

--
Mark
**  =/\=  No Penguins were harmed       | ICQ#27816299