Are you attempting to telnet in from a machine where you are logged in using
an account with the same username/password, or a different one?

I had/have lots of problems with remote logins using ssh on my MDK box, and
I've taken security down to "low" through that DrakConf crap which I had to
find and install manually. (sorry, I just don't like it)

Apparently the rule set Mandrake creates somewhere, somehow, gets VERY fussy
and limits who and how they can log in.

I *have* set of ftpd (wu-ftpd, and anonftp) on the mMDK box, and cannot ftp
in...Out, yes, but in, still no.

It's a very quirky config. If you can, try creating an account with the same
name/password on the remote machine and try getting in again.

--Greg

> ftp and telnet lines are both uncommented but connections are refused even
> between the Linux computer and itself (including localhost).
>
> > >I would like to be able to telnet to my Linux box and/or use
> > X from a remote
> > >system.  The remote system has an X server, but how do I set
> > up the daemons
> > >on the Linux computer?  They don't currently appear to be
> > running (since
> > >telnet attempts bounce).
> >
> > In /etc/inetd.conf you have to remove the # marks with the
> > telnetd line to
> > make the telnet daemon active.

message envoye depuis http://www.ifrance.com
emails (pop)-sites persos (espace illimite)-agenda-favoris (bookmarks)-forums
Ecoutez ce message par tel ! : 08 92 68 92 15 (france uniquement)