> Internal eth0:  192.168.100.1/255.255.255.0
> External ppp0: 192.168.100.1/255.255.255.255

OK, something is definitely wrong with this...Have you correctly configured
ppp0 for DHCP? 'Cause the system is encountering an IP conflict now.
192.168.x.x is a reserved address (you may know this already) for internal
LAN usage along with 10.x.x.x and , i believe, 172.something..x.x .You
definitely need to check to make sure there is no IP assignment for ppp0,
only DHCP. Also, check /etc/hosts to make sure you only 127.0.0.1
localhost.localdomain as the entry...no other IPs until we can figure out
why there's this new conflict.

Um... yes, if you configure ppp0 to start at boot, it wiil attempt to dial
up unless you have demand dial enabled...let's not get into that yet,
though.

Disable the boot-time on ppp0 for now. You should be able to leave
pmfirewall the way you have it.

After boot, type   /sbin/ifup ppp0    and see what happens. I negotiation
occurs, wait a few seconds and then type /sbinf/ifconfig and see if ppp0 is
listed. if it is, check the IP info. If you get assigned a 192.168.x.x
number then we have to use a different range on the NIC (10.x.x.x maybe).

Geez...it's 1am--I have to get to sleep now... I'll think some more on this
tomorrow.

--Greg

> Hi, its me again.
>
> I tried different port and also different slots. It didn't help. By the
way
> where do you find system info on your serial ports? I can find about my
PCI
> devices.
>
> I then went to net conf and then ppp/slip/plip/  and enabled ppp0 to start
> at bootup. Also enabled pmfirewall to start at boot. When booting it gets
> ppp0 and starts dialing ---its says it failed and will retry. I noticed
that
> my modem is connected after trying to start KPPP. I then ran
./pmfirewall
> restart    and got the following results
> Internal eth0:  192.168.100.1/255.255.255.0
> External ppp0: 192.168.100.1/255.255.255.255
>
> I can ping this mysterious 208.223.199.240 and my box successfully., but
> nothing else.I haven't set up box 2 yet. I have to go to netconf to
> disconnect modem. I played with "ip-up.local" some but will try some more.
> Well, any ideas? is ppp0 suppose to start at boot without dialing out?
> Thanks for all you help ,Greg.
> Bob

message envoye depuis http://www.ifrance.com
emails (pop)-sites persos (espace illimite)-agenda-favoris (bookmarks)-forums
Ecoutez ce message par tel ! : 08 92 68 92 15 (france uniquement)