Hi --

If this doesn't work, try increasing the timeout from 60 seconds (I think this is the
default) to 150 seconds.  This worked for me.

pete

On Fri, 25 Aug 2000 11:54:48 -0700, Alan Shoemaker wrote:

>Juggernaut wrote:
>>
>> Hello...
>> I tried to connect to internet with kppp. And then, I get error message like
>> this :
>>
>> "pppd daemon died unexpectedly"
>> Details :
>> pppd : By default the remote system is required to authenticate itself.
>> pppd : (because this system has a default route to the internet).
>> pppd : but I couldn't find any suitable secret (password) for it to use to
>> do so.
>> pppd : (none of the available passwords would let it use an  IP address).
>>
>> I don't know what does it mean. Anyone can help me ?
>> Thanks.
>>
>> -Pungki
>
>Pungki....try adding the option 'noauth' to your
>'/etc/ppp/options' file.
>
>Alan

Pete Clapham
Department of Biological, Geological, and Environmental Sciences
Cleveland State University
Cleveland, Ohio, 44115
Voice: [216] 687-4820
Fax: [216] 523-7200