i hav had my linux machine up and runnin 4 approximatly 2 weeks strait. i
had 2
shut down, and @ start up i got:

/dev/hda5 contains a filesystem with errors, check forced.
/dev/hda5:
Inode 506609 has illegal block(s).
/dev/hda5: UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY. RUN fsck MANUALLY. (i.e., without -a
or -p
options)

then it drops me into a single user maintnece mode with the partion mounted
in as read only.  and this is not the first time i have had this happen. i
have
had this happen on another machine with totally different components. @ that
point in time, i just reinstalled the os. that 1 was runin mandrake 6.1, but
now i am runnin mandrake 7.1.  they both usein ide drives.

my question is does any1 no how to fix the block, or atleast ignor the error
and skip the check so i can boot anyway and get my file that i want. also,
do
you have any idea what i may be doin wrong that is causein this.

i appreshiate any input.