Dear All, I have been using Linux Mandrake 7 for about 5 weeks now.
Everything (almost) was fine until I decided to try a different desktop last
night. I have used different ones before without a problem but last night I
used Xfce(sp?). After I logged out I shut down X and as usual it started the
power down routine. Before it was finished it just stopped somewhere and did
not quite make it to the power off part where you manually shut down your
machine. I had to push reset to get out of it and to turn off my machine.

Today I started Linux. It started as usual and went through the checks, It
showed that it was doing a dev/hda3 check forced and said all was OK. Then
it came to "remounting root filesystem in read-write mode- OK. There it just
froze and would not continue to the Console login. In other words I no
longer can get into Linux. Any suggestions? Your help will be greatly
appreciated.
Thank you. Marcia