A couple of things.

First, RH 6.2 installation will proceed on a Tbird or Duron but you will
receive a Kernel panic on reboot.

POSSIBLE SOLUTION

This issue appears to be related to a Processor Serial Number function
supported by Redhat that the Duron does not. There are two possible
resolutions depending upon the status of your installation.

1. When first installing Redhat 6.2 (or 6.1) you will be asked at some stage
if you require any special parameters for the kernel. At this point enter:
x86_serial_nr=1

Once installed, this parameter is already in the kernel and there is no need
to do more.

2. If Redhat was already installed type at the lilo prompt:
linux x86_serial_nr=1

Once you boot, recompile the kernel with the: "Disable Serial Number at
boot" left clear.

Next, to the person saying RAMBUS memory and the Athlon work better together
... umm... no ... chipsets designed to work with the AMD Processors are
designed for PC100, PC133, or DDR memory.  Not RAMBUS.

Also, Abe is correct that the power supply and RAM must be of high quality.
However, the A7V has a promise technology controller (in addition to the
chipsets IDE controller).  Some people are trying to boot Linux from a hard
drive attached to the Promise controller.  AFAIK, this doesn't work.

If someone knows the comparative GRUB commands for the following LILO then
it might work...

ide3=0xa000,0x9802 ide4=0x9400,0x9002

Hope that helps.  This link might also be of interest.

http://www.linuxtests.org/cgi-bin/UltraBoard/UltraBoard.cgi?action=Read&BID=
9&TID=7

Cheers,