I'm not having any problems.  My old box was an AMD K6III-400.  I took the ram
out of my asus p5a and put it in my asus A7V and everything runs great.  It is
not brand name ram.  However, all 384 megs were bought in the past 10 months.
If your ram is appreciable older then that you might have problems.  I've read
that most pc-133 ram is simply high quality pc-100 ram or to put it another
way, they make ram and the really good stuf gets rated at 133 and the less
great stuf gets rated at 100.  Initially pc-100 ram was really high quality
pc-66 ram.  Wow, that was a long winded answer.  Hope it helps.

Abe

>===== Original Message From "Ronald J. Hall" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> =====
>Abe wrote:
>>
>> I'm running mandrake 7.1 on a Duron 600 with ASUS A7V motherboard.  I did
the
>> install myself.  7.1 installed perfectly on my system.  Perhaps it is the
Abit
>> board that is causing the problems?  The other possible issue is power
supply
>> and RAM.  The Athlon series want a high quality 300w power supply and AMD
>> recommends that you use new ram in conjunction with these chips.  I'm using
>> pc-100 ram that is about a year old in my system and I haven't had any
>> problems.
>>
>> Good luck!
>>
>> Abe
>
>Hi Abe. I have a question, even though its not quite related to this message
>thread. Its about that RAM speed rating you mentioned. Is it okay to use
PC-100
>with a fast Athlon system? Somebody told me I'd have to dump the RAM I'm
using
>with my current K6-III/475mhz, if I upgraded to an Athlon. (bottleneck)
>
>Thanks for any info!
>
>--
>
>                                                               /\
>                                                           Dark><Lord
>                                                               \/

Jesus saves,
Allah forgives,
Chthulu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.