Abe wrote:

> I'm running mandrake 7.1 on a Duron 600 with ASUS A7V motherboard.  I did the
> install myself.  7.1 installed perfectly on my system.  Perhaps it is the Abit
> board that is causing the problems?  The other possible issue is power supply
> and RAM.  The Athlon series want a high quality 300w power supply and AMD
> recommends that you use new ram in conjunction with these chips.  I'm using
> pc-100 ram that is about a year old in my system and I haven't had any
> problems.
>
> Good luck!
>
> Abe

Hi Abe. I have a question, even though its not quite related to this message
thread. Its about that RAM speed rating you mentioned. Is it okay to use PC-100
with a fast Athlon system? Somebody told me I'd have to dump the RAM I'm using
with my current K6-III/475mhz, if I upgraded to an Athlon. (bottleneck)

Thanks for any info!

--

                                                               /\
                                                           Dark><Lord