Mark Thurston wrote:

> Alright, I was finally able to install the developer version of Linux, I
> just used the one CD and it worked.  Anyway, now I use g++ (part of the gcc)
> at school.  What happens now is that none of the libraries are there.  I
> checked using whereis iostream.h  -- nothing.  I know that I can download it
> from the internet, any ideas on where to find it?  Is it in an RPM file or
> will I have to use a tar?  Anyway, hopefully by tomorrow this will be
> solved.
>
> Thanks
> Mark

Mark,

Have you tried to compile a program with g++ yet cause attempting to
locate iostream like that using whereis is not going to find the library
file. Whereis doesn't work that way. It's primarily a tool for searching
for and find and displaying the FS path of binarys on your system. You
would have to perform a regular file search to check for iostream.h's
existance. Or, you could just physically check the library yourself.
--
Mark
**  =/\=  No Penguins were harmed       | ICQ#27816299