On Thu, 14 Sep 2000, Oliver L. Plaine Jr. wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Sep 2000 21:36:57 EDT, you wrote:
>
> >Dear Anyone, Is VMware in Linux-Mandrake 7.0 complete? If so, where can if be
> >found ? Thank you, Marcia
> ------------------------
> Thu, 14 Sep 2000  21:16:45
>
> Dear Marcia...not absolutely positive but I think, vmware is a
> commercial program ..the kind they want...awk..money for...the free
> one is wine,,,that one is on the MDK disc's but if vmware is, I
> wouldn't think it would be a complete.... only demo,,,unless they made
> it GPL and didn't tell me?....na .. 8-)
>
> anyone <grin>

Hi,
VMware IS a commercial product, and IMHO, worth every penny.  It is the only
place Windows can and should be run, so it doesn't muck up my real OS.
However, lots of ram is needed.  I have 128M, but more would be nice.  The
version that comes with most distros these days is a 30 day evaluation, which
was enough to get me hooked!  At the time I bought the full version, I was
having to use MSVisual Basic, so I stuck it in a virtual machine loaded with
Win98 and placed it in the corner of my desktop where it belonged. ;-)  I
especially like VMware for trying out new distros w/o changing my system until
I see the problems and/or merits of them.  Saves a lot of grief!   End of
commercial!   (no, I have no connection w/Vmware)
 --
TRBishop
[EMAIL PROTECTED]