The main things I'm running into are a poor X setup (that
might've been me not understanding how Mandrake is setup, but Mandrake is
definitely bad for KDE on a small, low-quality monitor) and probs with
the admin packages. LinuxConf does what it's supposed to (for the most
part), but generally dumps core when it exits. Guess that counts as
exiting :).

rpmdrake is massively hosed and won't work. Several regexps in
/usr/sbin/urpmi.addmedia won't work. It's calling wget with illegal URLs
[1]. rpmdrake doesn't allow for specifying where on a CD to find the
repository, but /usr/sbin/urpmi.addmedia needs that info to
function. There are also several other errors I haven't looked at. They
could be in another function, but they cause rpmdrake to not work.

I've run into several other probs, but don't know if they're Mandrake
being buggy or me not understanding how Mandrake's setup