hi goldenpi, your stuff currently on /home would simply become invisible
unless your current /home is a seperate volume that you can mount
elsewhere but i guess not from your intention to use your new drive as
/home. use ext2 unless for some reason you 'have' to be able to see this
drive in dos/windows, permissions don't work the same on a dos drive
(basically there are none - sort of) so i can see things becoming
confused with such a basic part of the filesystem on a dos partition -
expert needed here i think!

rename /home to /home.old or similar, create /home again, mount new
drive to /home and copy the contents of /home.old over, my hunch would
be to do this as root with X not running to avoid having files from
/home open while performing this action.

not knowing how your drive is connected or if it is scsi or ide i cannot
tell you what a suitable fstab should be, but if you run drakconf and
then linuxconf and choose file systems and then access local drive; you
should see your new drive detailed as not mounted, click on it's entry
and enter the options you want including mount point, this will create
your fstab for you and you can mount and unmount the drive to copy your
files over

i hope this is cogent (and correct!), i think i've confused myself!

bascule