i don't know about resizing a partition with fdisk (i use partition
magic) but if you are only using 5mi then backup and reformat with
whatever partitions you like, as for permssions when copying, ah not
being an expert that didn't occur to me, but i guess from the option to
preserve permisions that can be used when untarring a tarball, that
tarring your stuff would be able to keep the permissions but i don't
know the syntax for that - i've never done it!

it would be comforting for someone who has done this successfully to
comment here!

thats all i have goldenpi,

bascule