>  This is the end. Sorry
>
>  Roman

Sorry to see you go but I can certainly understand your point of view.  It's a
shame that a good resource can be so abused by the very people it's intended to
help but that seems to be the Internet.  Should give everyone a pen I suppose.

Keeping this msg just a bit on topic, I asked about the location of the desktop
control info.  It's in a small file called desktop in /etc/sysconfig and
contains a single line stating the desktop preference.  This file is actually
read by "prefdm" which is in /etc and does the actual running of the desktop.
You could bypass it completely by modifying "prefdm" with an explicit statement
about desktop preference.

Cheers --- Larry