I use ReiserFS for data storage. Some directories have over 100,000 files
in them. ext2 worked but a directory listing took about a month to
generate. Also on my new server everything but /boot is ReiserFS and the
stability due to crashes, power loss, etc is great and everything runs
very quickly.

*^*^*^*
Was it a dream where you see yourself standing in sort of sungod robes
 on a pyramid with a thousand naked women screaming and throwing little
pickles at you? -- Real Genius