On Sat, Oct 07, 2000 at 11:14:34AM -0400, Austin L. Denyer keyboarded:
>> Of course it is.
>> I also noticed (but not sure yet) that vs. 3 in Linux is faster than 2.4
>> in Linux.
>
>That's surprising.  Seti's own figures state that 3.0 takes 40% longer than
>2.4, as it does a lot of additional processing.

Hmm... that is strange indeed. This because I am getting more and more
convinced that it is at least not slower. And I checked, I was running the i686
version of 2.4 also.

I'll keep an eye on it...

Paul

--
The secret of a happy marriage remains a secret.
-Henny Youngman

http://nlpagan.net - ICQ 147208 - Registered Linux User 174403
              -=PINE 4.21 on Linux Mandrake 7.1=-