I disagree. The fonts look awful (why can't WP just use the fonts
provided by the OS? I've got my truetype fonts working now and they
look fine in other applications). WP also insists on using its own
printer drivers (what's the OS for guys?), and my printer isn't
listed (works with other apps via pdq/ghostscript though). Then there
are other minor irritants that help explain why Word captured the
market: you can't open two documents at once, scrolling moves the
cursor so you have to press page up or page down twice if its in the
wrong position. But the fonts and the printer support are the real
downsides in my opinion. Totally unnecessary too, having your own
fonts and printer drivers was a big asset in the DOS days but has no
place in a modern OS.