> I disagree. The fonts look awful (why can't WP just use the fonts
> provided by the OS? I've got my truetype fonts working now and they

I agree with everything you've said.  I wonder, however, if you're not
describing the downloadable version as, while I found the font selection
to be abyssmal with that version, there's a ton of fonts available in
WPOffice.  It also comes with Fontastic which makes it a piece of cake to
import fonts from Word.  As for printing, it uses system printing so
there's nothing new to set up and I've had no problems in that area.

The apps do load somewhat slowly because of Wine I guess.  I also get some
glitches from time to time in the loading process that I attribute to
Wine.  Other than that, it's not bad.  Still, I'd buy MS Office in a
heartbeat if it were available.

> downsides in my opinion. Totally unnecessary too, having your own
> fonts and printer drivers was a big asset in the DOS days but has no
> place in a modern OS.

Your "own" is a funny construct here as most people's frustration when
moving from MS Office to somewhere else is that MS has its "own" fontset
and that's the one we want.  Truth is, the publishing industry doesn't
much like true-type fonts as most of the prepress and print stuff thinks
in Adobe.

Cheers --- Larry