Iagoba wrote:

> Hello again
>
>         I was trying to Install Mandrake 7.1 in my job's computer, (I wanted
> show the Linux excelences to my boss), and I ever got the same problem,
> when I'm configuring the X Server, when I try to test the resolution
> mode the instalation crash! the window appears black and never returns
> to the instalation, I'm installing it in an:
>
>         IBM PC 300GL with 64MB Ram, S3 Trio 3D Integrated in the motherboard
> with 4MB, HD 2 GB for linux and 2GB for W98 and one Ethernet ne2000
> compatible.
>
>         I read that this video card is incompatible with linux, how could I
> configure X then? perhaps like Standard SVGA? or VGA? I can't install
> other Video Card, (is my job's computer, my boss don't let me do that),
>
>         Some help could be very very GREAT FANTASTIC!
>
> Iagoba

Iagoba....which xserver did you choose during the
installation?  The reason I ask is I've seen the behavior you
describe when installing the 4.0 beta server.  If you are
using it then perhaps you'll have better luck with the 3.3.6
server.
--
MandrakeSoft Inc                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Altadena, CA USA                                     --Alan