John,

I was under the assumption that when you download any tarball that
everything you need to compile the program, other than the standard C, and
C++ libraries are included with the rest of the source code. Otherwise I
would have grabbed the RPM. I didn't get the RPM because I wanted just to
recompile to allow for a different sound card and installing a kernel from
an RPM can get a little messy. Whereas booting a kernel that has been
compiled is much cleaner and offers far more control over it and the
system.

--
Mark

/*      I never worry about the to-jams.
 *      Once I've stuck my foot in my mouth
 *      it's already too late...just make sure
 *      you chew them thoroughly before swallowing!
 */
        Registered Linux user #182496
             *   Pine 4.21   *

On Thu, 19 Oct 2000 1:37pm ,John Rye spake passionately in a message: