John,

I get the impression that there was a lot I was doing wrong in the
configuring of the kernel before compiling it. Most of the problems though
centered around configuring for sound and Network. I'm not too clear on
why yet.

With Kernel 2.4.0-test9 the biggest troubles were with getting iptables
and net filters to configure correctly. Never was able to get them working
right. With kernel 2.3.4 I can't get the sound configured at
all. Everything else works though including ipchains. I really wanna hear
what this Turtle Beach sound card sounds like.

--
Mark

/*      I never worry about the to-jams.
 *      Once I've stuck my foot in my mouth
 *      it's already too late...just make sure
 *      you chew them thoroughly before swallowing!
 */
        Registered Linux user #182496
             *   Pine 4.21   *

On Mon, 23 Oct 2000 4:03am ,John Rye spake passionately in a message: