> I'm not sure if one can download the mail from one's ISP's mail server to
> a dir on their system and then pickup that mail using Netscape Messenger
> for reading. I've wondered about this and I can't see why it couldn't be
> done, however, I have a feeling that making it happen would be a
> nightmare.

It seems happiest sending and receiving directly.  I have to say that 4.75
has worked flawlessly for the past two days.

> This is really odd behavior for Pine. I've never seen it duplicate
> messages like this before. At least it hasn't happened at all for me yet.

Wish I could say the same.  The thing that made me realize that it was a
Pine problem is that when it happens it happens in all folders in
identical fashion.  This is coming to you from Pine :-)

Cheers --- Larry