Dear Barry and friends:

Where in the world did you find JDK118_v3-glibc-2.1.2.tar.bz?

The only version currently available is JDK118_v3-glibc-2.1.3.tar.bz. I
downloaded it, untarred it, it installed perfectly, opened StarOffice,
Bookmarks, Java, Java Setup and ... it said it couldn't find Java.

So, I did a search and found an earlier JDK118_v3 (from Aug 10, 2000).
That one didn't work, either.

Fortunately, I have fast access and the download only took a minute or
two. I hate to think of those who download the 2.1.3 version at 56k for
a good two hours only to find out that StarOffice won't accept it. But
all the FTP mirror sites have the same two JDK118_v3-glibc-2.1.3.tar.bz
files, one dynamic and the other static.

I also tried www.rpmfind.net to see if there is an rpm for your version
but, nope, there isn't.

Can you help?

Benjamin