Thanks for all the help! I tried the different things that was suggested
in the failsafe but never could get it fixed. as for trying to type
"linux single" at the LILO, it never gave me a chance. LILO was there
and gone in about 1/10 of a mill-a-sec. I just reinstalled and got it up
and running, and I must say my first sight of a Linux OS impressed me.
But why do all the programs load and run like I have 16 megs of ram on a
486 computer? I'm running an Athlon 750 with 128 megs of ram. I
partitioned my Linux drive for 3.5 gigs. I also tried my internet
connection and it said my modem was busy, but it wasn't. Any Ideas?