On Friday 03 November 2000 07:41 pm, Adrian Smith wrote:
> hey Mark....
> i have StarOffice 5.2 in RPM form.  got it with mandrake 7.1......
> are you talking about a different version of SO?

     There's also OpenOffice on cooker mirrors:
/packages/mandrake-devel/cooker/Mandrake/RPMS/
openoffice-6.0.5-1mdk.i586.rpm  (47mb)

     This is the development of Staroffice using Sun's recently
released source code.   http://openoffice.org/
/home/tom $ rpm -qpil openoffice-6.0.5-1mdk.i586.rpm
Name        : openoffice                   Relocations: (not
relocateable)
Version     : 6.0.5                             Vendor: MandrakeSoft
Release     : 1mdk                          Build Date: Tue 24 Oct
2000 05:08:47 AM CDT
Install date: (not installed)               Build Host:
bi.mandrakesoft.com
Group       : Office                        Source RPM:
openoffice-6.0.5-1mdk.src.rpm
Size        : 55178300                         License: LGPL
Packager    : Frederic Crozat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Summary     : Open Office
Description :
OpenOffice.org is a unified suite of productivity applications
for all common office applications, including such functions
as word processing, spreadsheets, drawings, presentations, data
charting
and formula editing.

WARNING : This is not a stable release and does not include all
features  (such as printing ...)

To install OpenOffice, as a user, you must run :
cd /usr/lib/openoffice-6.0.5
./setup
      I d/l'd and installed it out of curiosity.  It does still work
with M$ Office files, but it is missing a lot of other functionality.
--
Tom Brinkman        [EMAIL PROTECTED]         Galveston Bay