I was about ready to buy a 15 GB hard disk but then I read somewhere that I
should first make sure that my BIOS can handle a disk of that capacity.

My question is: could somebody give me a rough ceiling on hard drive
capacity that can be handled by this sytem:
Pentium II 300 MHz on an ASUS P2E-M motherboard, with 64 MB RAM

I've exhausted the motherboard's manual and the ASUS website [which says
next to nothing about any of their downloadable BIOSes], and I'm about to
go nuts from reading as much as I can on hard drives and BIOSes, but I'm
still unable to nail the specifics on my system [do I even have to, in the
first place?].

I've run across a lot of conflicting opinions about whether my system could
handle anything larger than 8 gig. None of the people I've talked to
face-to-face seem to know for sure, though.

I apologize if this isn't exactly Linux-related. But I need a new hard
drive soon on which to install LM so I can get started :-)

Thanks.

Abe Mandac