At 10:35 AM 11/4/00 -0600, you wrote:
>On Saturday 04 November 2000 09:27 am, Abraham E Mandac Jr wrote:
>> I was about ready to buy a 15 GB hard disk but then I read
>> somewhere that I should first make sure that my BIOS can handle a
>> disk of that capacity.
>>
>> My question is: could somebody give me a rough ceiling on hard
>> drive capacity that can be handled by this sytem:
>> Pentium II 300 MHz on an ASUS P2E-M motherboard, with 64 MB RAM
>
>mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]  and ask 'em ;)
>
>    You should have your bios identifier string handy when you do.
>If you can't find it anywhere else, it'll be displayed in the lower
>left portion of your screen during bootup. Hit <Pause> so you can
>copy it down.  While that's a very low end Asus and based on the
>obsolete LX chipset, I'd be very surprised if it won't handle a 15g
>HDD.
>--
>Tom Brinkman        [EMAIL PROTECTED]         Galveston Bay

Thanks for all your advice, Tom. I've sent request for help to ASUS [that
same address there above] 5 days ago. No reply yet. I'm not wondering why:
on their site, ASUS apologizes in advance that they wouldn't be able to
handle all the email requests for support because of the large volume that
comes everyday.

My thanks also to abe and gcobb for their inputs on this.