The printer musthave a fixed IP, because it does server tasks. It is not
possible to let it get an IP automatically from the DHCP server (the
address would be everytime different).

Do the following:

Enter "ifconfig" and look which IP is assigned to the card for your
local network. It is usually "192.168.0.1". So the network is
"192.168.0.". Assign an address inside this network to the printer, but
choose one which cannot be assigned by the DHCP server. With the default
setting in /etc/dhcpd.conf you can choose the fourth number of the
printer's IP from 2 to 15. So you can use 192.168.0.2 for example.

Please check the printer's manual for how to set this addres on the
printer.

   Till