first make sure that telnet is indeed installed on your system. at a
command prompt type  whereis telnet <ENTER>

it should return a message of  /usr/bin/telnet   if it is installed

if you get a message that says no such file or folder then telnet was not
installed on your system and you will have to install it.

if you get the message that telnet exists on your system, then check
startup services in Drakeconf and make sure "inet" is selected. if it
isn't then select it. restart your system and you should have not trouble
at all telneting into your box. You will of course wish to setup a good
firewall to make sure that your box doesn't become a hangout for Spammers
and crackers though.

--
Mark

/ * Sometimes it becomes necessary to rock the boat
  * in order to get the rats up from below decks
  * so they can be kicked over the side and drowned!
  *
  *     REGISTERED LINUX USER # 182496
  */

On Thu, 30 Nov 2000 Dave DeGear had this to say!