-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Adrian Smith
Sent: Wednesday, December 13, 2000 9:33 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] Spaces in names

exactly.  this is what i have read.
i have only used it a few times myself, such as
cd "all of my writing"
to change to my directory called 'all of my writing'
as i mentioned, i'm renaming my directories so it's easier to navagate,
but as to file names...  not really.  to many of those.
so i believe that something such as
gimp "picture of cute girl.jpg"
would also work....  can't say i have actually tried this however.
but it seems that i read someplace that this works with most command line funtions in
linux.

Adrian Smith
'de telepone dude
Telecom Dept.
x 7042
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

>>> Mark Weaver <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 5:48:14 PM 12/13/00 >>>
Adrian,

So what you're saying is to enclose the file or dir name in double quotes?

--
Mark

On Wed, 13 Dec 2000 Adrian Smith spake passionately saying!