I agree. If you start forcing methods of doing things onto users, then it is
just M$ all over again. The key to Linux is choice. I don't want a
Stalin/Hitler/Ze Dong/Gates telling me what to do! I personally hate single
clicks. I find that I can configure my window manager (Sawfish) to do funky
things with double-clicks, thus giving me much more functionality. If someone
else wants single-clicking, they can have it, but not at the expense of
others like myself.

Come to think of it, you *can* make Sawfish (and hence most of GNOME) to
accept single clicks. If David Raleigh Arnold had even bothered to look at
the Sawfish control centre, he would have noticed that this is very possible.

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan.
        Your mouse has moved. Windows must be rebooted to acknowledge this change.