> On Thu, 21 Dec 2000, Stefaans Mostert wrote:
> >>              Linux Mandrake 7.2 - Pine 4.31
> >
> >Remember netscape is in fact /usr/bin/netscape/
> >
> >Give you a clue :-)
>
> Thanks. But the note from Cron was that netscape could not connect to
> the display... So netscape was run. Of course, you are free to try it
> too :)
>
> paul
create a file like this and make it executable

#!/bin/sh
export DISPLAY=:0
/usr/bin/netscape

and have cron kick the above script off....

The real question is why would you want netscape to be kicked off at a
praticular time. Netscape is sort of an interactive thing, which makes
little sense to run from a cron table.

--
Alex
(Go easy on me, I'm a COBOL programmer in real life)