On Tuesday 26 December 2000 08:59 am, Jim Dawson wrote:
> Has anyone bought a 7.2 CD from CheapBytes lately? If so are
> they pressing the CDs yet or are they still using CD-R
> disks?

    I quit using Cheapbytes and started using lsl.com.  They're a
little cheaper, usually have new upgrades available sooner and ship
quicker, and most of all, better quality CD's.  FWIW, I've always found
CDr's to be better than mass produced production CD's.  lsl.com has
always sent me high quality CDr's.  'Course my CDrom (BCD) and CD-RW
(Plextor) are high quality and known to work very well with most all
media.  YMMV

   Ram disk errors on boot from CD are, IMO, most often caused by
marginal CD drives, marginal CD media, and/or marginal ram, in that
order.  There's many other possible reasons, but most involve marginal
and/or misconfigured (bios) hardware.
--
Tom Brinkman       [EMAIL PROTECTED]     Galveston Bay