Hi All,

Extremely new and lost as a football bat. :)

I lost my last drive in Win98SE after installing Linux Mandrake 7.2.  The Mandrake
install prob page says to run the perl script they provided.  Sounded simple enough.
<g>  I saved the file as text only.  Opened it in NoteTab pro in Windows, saved as
UNIX as linux_extended_fix.pl

#!/usr/bin/perl

I saw the above in the file so assumed I was to install it in that folder in Linux so
after spending a number of hours stumbling around trying to figure out how to get the
file off the floppy I at least tried getting it in /root.  No problem getting it
there.  I then tried making a directory in /usr/bin/ called perl, and I keep getting a
message saying it is expecting a folder, but it sees a file.  Anyhow, I put a slash in
front of it which took, but it shows as a double slash.

I tried using Run | perl /root/linux_extened_fix.pl and did not get an error like I
did with other attempts like Run | use perl /root/..._fix.pl

Anyway, I am still missing a drive (partition in Win98SE) and really do not know how
to run the script in Linux Mandrake.  Oh, the Linux install, also put one of my drives
(H) in between my CD drives.

I would like to see my "missing" drive in Windows - I can see it in Linux so it is
there.  I can edit the Windows registry if somebody knows where the setting is and
what to change it to.

Bye for now,
Jody Adair
Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23