> I had a similar problem with my Canon LBP430.  The new CUPS and drivers
> work.  Thank you for the pointer, and thank mandrake for the update!
>
> Kipling+
> (Linux Newbie since 24 Dec 00)

Ok...I have a dumb question. Do the old Cups packages have to exist on the
system when the updates are loaded onto the system, or can they be absent
when the updates are added to the system? Cause I added the updates
perscribed by Till and I still can't print, and sometimes not even a test
page to print. Cups admin isn't able to connect to the Cups server and see
the printer and on and on
adfinitum...pukin-my-guts-out-cause-i'm-tired-O-this!@

Seriously though, when I installed the update packages I had just finished
uninstalling the old cups packages and what-nots. Should I have not done it
that way?
--
Mark

"If you don't share your concepts and ideals, they end up being worthless,"
"Sharing is what makes them powerful."

                                Linus Torvalds