-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Joshua Lambert
Sent: Tuesday, January 16, 2001 12:31 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] Can't compile or use drivers for Netgear fa312
NIC!

ever since I upgraded to mandrake 7.2  my network connection fails at
bootup.   more specifically dhcp cant resolve the host name and eth0 fails.
  that is until I manually run   dhcpcd -h hostname    from a prompt.  I've
tried every combination of host+domain name for the network settings.

So basically how can I get dhcp to work properly on boot, anyone have a
similar problem? Using  @home network if that helps any.

josh lambert