Australia has a similar situation to that of Europe. While we are a majority
Anglo-Saxon country, we have very large ethnic groups from all over the world
(particularly Greek, Italian, German and Asian). We are not near any other
Anglo-Saxon nations (New Zealand doesn't count), yet we are right on Asia's
doorstep. That means that when most of us go on an overseas holiday (and it
is common for Australians to do so), most of us go to Asia. So in other words
we are a majority Anglo-Saxon nation with very strong Asian influences, both
from within (immigrants, etc.) and from outside. I myself have Indian parents
(you can tell from my name), but I was born and raised here.

So what is the point to my little tale? The world is getting smaller via
technologies like the Internet and Linux. National barriers are becoming more
and more irrelevant, and it is becoming increasingly archaic to ground
oneself in one culture and one nation.

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan.
        Your mouse has moved. Windows must be rebooted to acknowledge this change.