hello forum....
i just installed my first linux, and intend to do that for a small networking. i have several questions (sorry if my english is bad):
1. My sound card is Yamaha PCI. how come my linux don't detect it ? is it not compatible yet ? what should i do ?
2. i have configured the basic networking stuff, and tested it by pinging to othe machines in my network. but my problem is when my modem dialled...it turned off by it self rite when it's going to connect. i have queried the modem from the kppp setup, it worked fine. what should i do ??

Thank so much all..